Thanks for a great 2023 Summer Institute!
Stay tuned for 2024 plans.
Summer Institute 2023
Designing Impact-Centered Learning Experiences
OFFERING THE OPPORTUNITY TO ENGAGE AS A SOLO EDUCATOR OR A FACULTY TEAM
We are pleased to announce that the 2023 Olin College Summer Institute will take place in a remote format the week of June 5–9, 2023.
The Summer Institute has provided participants from around the country and around the world with the opportunity to conceive and catalyze change in engineering education. Past attendees have included new and experienced faculty members, institutional leaders, professional staff, and students.
Preparing students to have meaningful impact as graduates means we must engage students in creating authentic impact during their engineering education. The 2023 Summer Institute is intended for educators who seek to catalyze change in engineering education and want to design impact-centered learning experiences at their own institutions. We invite both individuals and groups to engage with us. Professional development credit for Massachusetts educators is available.
1. Participatory Design
2. A Goal-Driven Approach to Projects
3. Achieving Impact Through Externally Partnered Projects
1. Creating Learning Environments that Simultaneously Support Wellness, Inclusivity, and High Performance
2. Developing Interdisciplinary Learning Experiences and Teaching Teams
3. Projects with Purpose: Telling Stories About Why You Care
4. Authentic Assessment in Project-Based and Impact-Centered Learning
“Experience was even better than my high expectations.”
- Summer Institute participant feedback